Vocational and staff-oriented training in Spanish language
The action is focused on trainings on the Copernicus Programme, with modules addressing data and services and a specific module on user uptake of Sentinel 1 and 2, as well as the land monitoring service. Different target groups were identified and specific training actions were designed depending on each of these groups. The training actions implemented so far at the first quarter of 2021 are the following:
- One on-site training in November 2019 for Latin-American civil servants from different countries of the South American region. The course was implemented together with the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID) in the city of Antigua, Guatemala. The course was focused in the expansion of the Copernicus Relays network, the uptake of Sentinel 1 and 2 imagery and land applications in Copernicus. The training extended for a period of two weeks.
- A second training for Latin-American civil servants with the same contents as in the first course, during October 2020. The course had to be converted to online due to the covid-19 outbreak, but it was also implemented with the help of AECID.
- Two online courses within the already available IGN/CNIG Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform. Target groups were civil servants, students and professionals. A fixed percentage of the students were assigned to Latin-American students and professionals. The courses, focused on the space component, the land service and the in-situ component comprised 40 hours of self-study and a series of assignments.
- One on-site training of civil servants at national level, aiming at increasing awareness at national level of the Copernicus Programme, and providing a body of knowledge aimed at the uptake of Copernicus data and services, focused mainly on the Land Monitoring service. The course was implemented in one week and was focused on national authorities. A second course was also implemented although in an online fashion due to covid-19 restrictions. Regional and local authorities are being included in the trainings.
Outputs and Results
- An important part of the developed training material has been compiled in digital format, which has been published with the title “The Copernicus Programme for land monitoring and the Sustainable Development Goals”. The book, written in Spanish language, is intended to be an entry point for agents in Spain and Latin American countries for the main aspects of the Copernicus Programme, the space component, the Land Monitoring service and the in-situ component.
- A set of videotutorials in Spanish language with fundamentals of the Copernicus Programme and information about processing of Sentinel 1 and 2 imagery.
More information about FPCUP and the action in Spanish language can be found here.