Vocational and staff-oriented training in Spanish language
The action is focused on trainings on the Copernicus Programme, with modules addressing data and services and a specific module on user uptake of Sentinel 1 and 2, as well as the land monitoring service. Different target groups were identified and specific training actions were designed depending on each of these groups. The training actions implemented until the summer of 2020 are the following:
- One on-site training for Latin-American civil servants from different countries of the South American region. The course was implemented together with the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID) in the city of Antigua, Guatemala. The course was focused in the expansion of the Copernicus Relays network, the uptake of Sentinel 1 and 2 imagery and land applications in Copernicus. The training extended for a period of two weeks.
- One online course within the already available IGN/CNIG Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform. Target groups were civil servants, students and professionals. A fixed percentage of the students were assigned to Latin-American students and professionals. The course, focused in the space component, the land service and the in-situ component comprised 40 hours of self-study and a series of assignments.
- One on-site training of civil servants at national level, aiming at increasing awareness at national level of the Copernicus Programme, and provide a body of knowledge aimed at the uptake of Copernicus data and services, focused mainly in the Land Monitoring service. The course was implemented in one week and was focused in national authorities. Forthcoming courses will have consider as target group regional and local authorities.
The covid-19 crisis will have an impact on the forthcoming activities, being the main change a conversion of the on-site trainings to online. However, all training actions are expected to be completed.
- A second training for Latin American in cooperation with AECID will be implemented in the second half of 2020, although as online course due to covid-19 epidemiological crisis.
- Three more online courses for Spanish and Latin American students and/or professionals will be implemented in the second half of 2020 and in 2021. No changes are expected in these activities.
- A second training for Spanish civil servants will also be implemented as online course in the second half of 2020. Two more trainings of this type will be implemented in 2021. The typology of the action (on-site or online) will depend on the evolution of the covid-19 epidemiological crisis.
Outputs and Results
An important part of the developed training material has been compiled into a digital, which has been published with the title “The Copernicus Programme for land monitoring and the Sustainable Development Goals (link to https://www.ign.es/web/publicaciones-boletines-y-libros-digitales#DA-Copernicus-territorio-ODS )”. The book, written in Spanish language, is intended to be an entry point for agents in Spain and Latin American countries for the main aspects of the Copernicus Programme, the space component, the Land Monitoring service and the in-situ component.
More material, both audio-visual and written in Spanish language is expected to be generated in the course of the implementation of the action.
More information about FPCUP and the action in Spanish language (link to https://www.ign.es/web/ign/portal/programa-marco-copernicus-user-uptake).