Onboarding Pilot Services
Build capacity among users to exploit the data exploitation platforms by supporting the integration of five Copernicus pilot application services on the CODE-DE platform.
CODE-DE (the COpernicus Data and Exploitation Platform DEutschland) has been online since March 2017. Its functions and scope are similar to that of the DIAS platforms implemented by the European Commission. Since March 2018 CODE-DE has been offering a processing capacity allowing users to run services on CODE-DE.
Through a call for expressions of interest launched in 2017 among CODE-DE users DLR has identified 10 users who are interested to integrate specific services on CODE-DE. Only very few users already have significant experience with running services on data and information platforms. This action will support five users in integrating their services on CODE-DE. Indicatively these will be
- AGRO-DE – an agricultural service for farmers, public authorities and science (Julius-Kühn Institute)
- RETREAT – a glacier and ice monitoring service based on Sentinel-1 data (University Erlangen)
- TimeStamp – a CAP service (Thünen Institute)
- Cop4EE – in the context of Sentinel data for renewable energy planning (RSS GmbH)
- Sentinel-1 operational ocean monitoring products for optimized ship routing (DLR)
These users will receive technical support in onboarding their processor onto CODE-DE. It should be noted that it is planned to transfer CODE-DE onto DIAS back-office services in the future.
Outputs and Results
- Five operational processors on CODE-DE.
- Capacity of key users to run processes on DIAS-like infrastructures. These will also serve as good-practice examples.
 Common Agricultural Policy