Copernicus and Europe Space Days
The objective of this action is to create in Toulouse first and then if possible all over Europe, a series of “Copernicus and Europe Space Days” around the 9th of May, raising awareness on European Space Programs for general public, school children and students, and focusing on Copernicus for SMES and companies. For this public, the activities will inform and promote the use of Copernicus data and services. The events are planned to last 2 or 3 days (1 day for students, 1 day for SMEs).
“European Space Days” targeted for general public, school children and students have already taken place in la Cité de l’espace, Toulouse, in 2017 and 2018, in strong cooperation with EC in 2018. Our objective is to create such an event in 2020, with an extra event targeted for SMES on another day.
We would like to invite interested partners from Copernicus Academies and Relays in Europe, but also Science Museums and Science Centres to attend, in order to disseminate the project and replicate it in other countries in Europe in 2021 (3/4 in 2020, 5/8 in 2021, 10/15 in 2022 etc.). The idea is to create “Copernicus and European Space Days” taking place in as many EU countries as possible in the coming years.
This event is expected to impact around 10 000 people and at least 250 – 300 school children and 120 students are expected to attend the event.
Outputs and Results
- For general public: a game “Find the European Stars"
- For school children: different workshops
- For students: a series of talks delivered by professionals (could recorded and/or broadcasted live on social networks).
- For SMES: to be defined, but the idea is that SMES leave with a better understanding of opportunities offered with Copernicus; there will be (but not limited to):
- Communication materials (invitation leaflet, an information leaflet and the info day itself, including lunch and drinks, presentations, workshops if organized)
- A concluding report per info day will be convened afterwards.