Support to local to regional Copernicus events
The action provides support to information or networking events organized at national, regional, or local level in Germany. It also provides an avenue for resourcing activities of members of the Copernicus Relay and Copernicus Academy networks.
Existing networks or coordination mechanisms aiming to communicate the opportunities arising from Copernicus may reach broad user communities across EU Member States and Copernicus Participating States. Recognizing this, the Commission has set up the Copernicus Relay and Copernicus Academy networks.
Under this Action applications for support to information or networking events will be invited through the FPCUP website and the German national Copernicus website (d-copernicus.de). The Copernicus Support Office will also be invited to relay the invitation through its communication channels.
Interested parties may request support prior to organizing such an event. DLR will evaluate the request, decide if the event can be supported and determine the appropriate maximum amount, based on the following criteria:
- Clear and strong link to the use of Copernicus data and information
- Target group includes many (potential) users of Copernicus data and information
Priority will be given to supporting events that address European user groups that
- have not been addressed fully up to now
- demonstrate particular timeliness or urgency of the engagement
- have a high “multiplication factor”, i.e. participants may be expected to relay the results to a larger community
Generally, a maximum of 80% of the eligible event cost will be covered. Support may range from a few hundred Euro to a maximum of five thousand Euros per event.
Three categories of events will be distinguished.
All events supported under this Action will be required to
- give visibility to support under FPCUP
- provide adequate documentation of the cost incurred
- submit a workshop summary report in English language
The action will be implemented by the Consortium member DLR. Applications for event support will be considered from any institution or company headquartered in an EU Member State or Copernicus Participating State for events to be organized in Germany.
The announcement (in German) to apply for funding can be found here.
Application form (in German) can be found here.
Outputs and Results
- Support mechanism for decentralized Copernicus events.