Industrial Workshop on the Security Service
The Copernicus service for Security applications aims to support European Union policies by providing information in response to Europe’s security challenges. It improves crisis prevention, preparedness and response in three key areas: Border surveillance; Maritime surveillance and Support to EU External Action. User and industrial workshops related to this service are an opportunity to learn from the experience of existing users. Examples of the work and user cases from the Spanish Guardia Civil, Spanish Ministry of Defence, Spanish Police, and Spanish Rescue at the Sea or Spanish Customs could be presented as well as the lessons learned, their current needs and success stories.
Also these workshops can increase the opportunities of the industrial sector, since the different SMEs and new companies develop their proposals based on these two services.
This workshop will focus on the industrial opportunities for the security service sector and it will include:
1. A general Copernicus Programme Introduction
2. User needs revision
3. Industrial opportunities
Outputs and Results
- Workshop on the climate and atmosphere opportunities and applications for the private sector
- Minutes of meeting and conclusions
- Survey on user requirements and needs
- Identification of main stakeholders in the private sector and national experts on Copernicus Atmosphere and Climate Services
- Article at CDTI web page