Geohazards and Copernicus Downstream Applications and Services
Through the organization of a two-days international Workshop and national Training course, this action wants
- To show the state of the art of the implementation of ground motion services at European level (EU-GMS), at national level across Europe and at national and regional level in Italy
- To build and strengthen the relationships between national and European Institutions, responsible for the development of the Copernicus services and the National and Regional Authorities, holders of in-situ data useful for calibrating and validating satellite data
- To increase the dialogue with end users, in particular those in charge of geohazards monitoring and assessment, in order to build products that fully meet their needs and requirements
- To show the effectiveness of the application of satellite monitoring techniques to geohazard (landslides, subsidence, sinkholes, active tectonics, and volcanism) assessment.
The workshop will also boost the user uptake of the Copernicus satellite data. Speakers will be invited from international organizations (EEA, EU-GMS Task Force, EGS-EOEG group) and Italian institutions (ISPRA, DPC, Regional Geological Surveys, Universities and Research Institutes). Participants will represent the Italian community of users in the EO domain at national level (ISPRA, DPC, MIT, MIBAC, etc.) and regional level (Regional Geological Surveys and Regional Environmental Agencies).
Outputs and Results
- International workshop and training course that will increase
- The dialogue within the technical and scientific network at European level
- The users uptake and awareness of the Copernicus programme for geohazard monitoring at Italian level