Common System and Platform, Based on Copernicus Data and Services, for Agricultural Agencies in Poland
This action aims at speeding up the implementation of data and services provided by the Copernicus Programme by two national executive agencies of the Ministry of Agriculture: The Agency of Restructuration and Modernization of Agriculture (ARiMR) and the National Supporter of Agriculture (KOWR) as well as by regional and local agencies, appointed to support the agricultural sector in Poland. There is a high need of satellite data implementation by the agricultural agencies in Poland in order to enable them to support individual farmers in reducing the negative impact of severe droughts and other natural hazards, which are caused by climate changes. The already existing system was built on IGiK’s own servers (due to lack of DIAS infrastructure when the system was developed) and will now be transferred to DIAS in order to ensure its full operability and efficiency.
The initial information about Copernicus data and its possibility to apply for the agencies has already been sent by the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, at present we start to organize common dialogues and to plan workshops. To the dialogue about the EO data applicability for agriculture performed by IGiK, the Polish Space Agency and Ministry of Agriculture will be invited. An expert group has been set up.
Our purpose is that a service in the form of the common platform – web service and API, joined with the existing systems operated by the agencies will be developed in the form of the prototype for a selected NUTS-3 test site. The service will enable the employees of Executive Agencies of Ministry of Agriculture in national, regional and local level, to exploit the products and functions delivered by the adjusted system via the DIAS infrastructure.
Outputs and Results
- Result of the dialogues with the Agency of Restructuration and Modernization of Agriculture (ARiMR) and the National Supporter of Agriculture (KOWR) comprising their requirements towards the system and service based on EO data enhancing their operability – users requirement document (these activities are ongoing and cooperation is continuing)
- IGiK’s expertise on Copernicus data and services applicability for the collected requirements
- System and service architecture aligned to users requirements
- System and service prototype for one selected NUT3 – use case
- Training materials for the agencies' employees on the application of the proposed system
- Information and communication materials from the workshop and training sessions targeted to these agencies’ employees and cooperating institutions
- Information and communication materials from final seminar for various users representing the agricultural sector in Poland.
- Development of the information materials and summary documentation in English to be delivered to European Commission
- Development of the information materials in English to be delivered to wide audience on international level