Survey of end-users to understand Copernicus uses
The objective of this action is to collect information from end-users to evaluate their awareness of:
- Copernicus products, their uses or no uses of the products and the reasons of their uses or no uses,
- Copernicus platforms (PEPS, CODE-DE, …), their use or no uses of these platforms and the reasons of their uses or no uses, with an extension to the DIAS when they will be operational
- The way they use Copernicus DATA and the way they would use them (download, etc.)
The collection of that information in a homogeneous way over the network of Copernicus Relays will enable analysis of Copernicus awareness over Europe, of the reasons of use or no use so as to identify changes that could foster the use of Copernicus products by end-users.
In doing so, this action will also raise end-users’ awareness of Copernicus program.
End-users are the users which use applications (SME, Institutional etc.), the intermediaries’ societies (these which develop the applications, these which commercialize the applications, etc.), the platform managers, etc.
This survey will build on previous studies by focusing on final end-users and the way they look for information: what platforms they are using to look for this information and why are they using those platforms.
The final objective is to build a report to help the DIAS consortium to propose a solution in line with the users’ needs.
First point is to create the methodology to collect in a homogeneous way, end-users information on their use or non-use of Copernicus products. The methodology will contain:
- indication of form: how to approach end-users, when making the survey, by which means (informatics, oral, animation technics … ),
- the content of the survey: questions to be asked to end-users, the way to stock the information so as to have an homogeneous database of information over the network
Second point is to collect end-users information using this methodology. Several surveys will be launched toward end users so as to understand their knowledge or use of Copernicus and their needs so as to identify keys to foster the use of Copernicus. These surveys can be done during meetings as animation part, during face to face meetings, or using our networks of end users.
Outputs and Results
- Methodology to collect information (survey, form, … )
- Surveys results
- Analysis of survey results: Report of user needs and knowledge of the Copernicus programme.