Workshop on Monitoring Soil Moisture using Earth Observation
JNCC hosted an international two-day virtual workshop whose focus was on how to use Earth-Observation-derived products for monitoring soil moisture analytically and to understand the benefits of these datasets.
- An introduction to the Surface Soil Moisture (SSM) and Soil Water Index (SWI) products from the Copernicus Global Land Service
- Question-and-Answer Session "Ask the expert"
- Validation and ground-truthing
- Introduction to COSMOS-UK and Copernicus in Situ
- Three international use cases
- Open Big Data and Precision Agriculture in the Agrosat project
- Drought impact on coffee plantations and biodiversity on both sides of the Pacific Ocean
- Soil Moisture data use for environmental monitoring in Romania
- Opportunities for future research and development collaborations
Please use the below-mentioned link to access the workshop video presentations and slides.